Get the most from your Pressure Piping and Static Equipment, Safely and in Accordance with Standards
When you look after an aging plant, with corrosion impacting on piping and vessels, the original design codes aren’t much help.
You have simple formulae to determine wall thickness. But that’s no use when you’ve lost thickness in a localised area. You need to take credit for the extra metal in the surrounding shell, OR play it safe and maybe take unnecessary action – such as a shutdown or limiting your operating pressure.
We can help you get more out of your corroded or damaged pressure equipment through Fitness for Service calculations or finite element analysis. This service is for facility & integrity engineers who can let go the mentality of ‘design thickness everywhere’ and embrace modern FFS standards and industry best-practices.
Unlike some competitors we do not charge for use of expensive software. We use proven open source FEA software from the nuclear industry, when required.
Streamlined FEA Service
For a localised wall-loss defect on pipe or pressure equipment, get a simple and concise assessment of pressure capacity.
- Simple One-Page FEA Report
- Defect on straight pipe, elbow, pipeline, cylindrical or spherical vessel
- Away from intersections, supports or attachments
- Assessment to API 579 with underlying code ASME B31.1/3/4/8, AS2885.1, CSA Z662, AS1210, ASME VIII, AS4041
- 24-hour turnaround available on request