Salad works with pipe stress analysis data from CAESAR II by Intergraph, to help you prepare ancillary reports and calculations. It can even work as an automated ‘bridge’ to your existing or new spreadsheets. Salad can also be used for standalone calculations as an alternative to spreadsheet or math applications.
Template scripts are provided to do the following:
- Generate an Excel spreadsheet summarising your calculation on one sheet, including maximum stresses, displacements, weight sag, nozzle loads, springs, load cases and major input data. This is a great way to do a quick ‘sanity check’ on your model.
- Acoustically induced vibration check of your piping system, accounting for multiple sources and decay with distance. These calculations can be very time consuming to do manually, especially for multiple sources.
- API 610 check for all your load cases at once.
- Do a local stress check on all trunnions in your model in one go. If you have modelled the trunnions in your stress model, just tell Salad the restraint numbers and let it do the rest.
- Generate an API 617 compressor nozzle load summation for 10 load cases at a time.
- Generate a restraint summary in local co-ordinates. Great time saver for pipelines and skewed piping runs.
- Carry out a wall thickness calculation using the CAESAR II Material Database.
- And more
You can customise any Salad script to your own needs (unlock using password ‘Xtrados’) and save it as a User Template.
QA checks are complete for interaction with CAESAR II version 7.
Preliminary checks are complete with CAESAR II Version 8 (use version 1.40Beta of Salad which is now available). Please proceed with care and notify us of any issues encountered.
The software is Free to download and use – to do so please sign up to our newsletter or contact us.
We provide paid support to help you get the most out of Salad and your stress analysis data. We can also customise scripts or features to help with your project. Please contact us to discuss your needs.